Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Instant It Happened - Eastern Market Flea Market, DC

 
The Instant It Happened, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Leica Summilux 50mm f1.4 Aspheric Lens
iso 400, f8, 1/750 sec.
 
My friend Charlie and I visited Eastern Market in Washington, DC this weekend. The flea market there is an old standby location for getting some community in the city.
 
This shot shows a young couple at the book/magazine stall, looking at an Associated Press photojournalism compilation called The Instant It Happened. It warms my heart to see people interested in real books with real photographs, black and white even, in them. See my link below if you're interested in the book.
 
Charlie lent me his 50mm Summilux Aspheric for the day, which is what I used for this shot. That lens is a beast. Heavy, sharp as a tack, very nice.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment