Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jorge Torralba Suggests We Think Twice Before Upgrading to the Newest Equipment

Shot With My Nikon F2 on Kodak TMax 400 Film
 
It's so easy to get caught up in the new equipment upgrade cycle. If you know me, you know that I love my old cameras. And, I still love to shoot film. I find it very rewarding, and while the results may not be as predictable (or confirmable) as shooting with the latest digital equipment, sometimes they can be outstanding.
 
I just found Jorge Torralba's blog, where he's written about resisting the urge to constantly upgrade. Specifically, he writes about his beloved Nikon AIS 50mm f1.2 lens, and how he enjoys using it on a film body (in his case the Nikon F6), as well as his Nikon DSLRs.
 
(Click Here) to read Jorge's post and see his images made with this classic, ultra-fast Nikkor lens.
 
My problem is that I simply love cameras. Old or new, big or small. So, even though my Nikon F2 is a great example of a camera that I love and will continue to use, the new Nikon DF is calling my name. I have not yet pulled the trigger, but it's on my mind.
 
So, I fully appreciate Jorge's point about appreciating the gear you have. I simply add to that the desire to test and enjoy the latest options, as well. In truth, Jorge shows images with the 50mm f1.2 on his Nikon D3S and D4 as well, which tells me he has the same approach.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment