Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Special New Year's Celebration With the Japanese Ambassador to the US

I was extremely honored to have received an invitation to attend a new year celebration at the residence of the Japanese Ambassador in Washington, DC a couple of weeks back. This was my first invitation to such an event, and I enjoyed it immensely.
 
Of course, I brought a camera along - the Nikon Df and 35-70 f2.8 AF-D lens.
 
The ambassador's residence is immense, impressive, beautiful. There is room for literally hundreds of guests, and even a full-size Japanese tearoom, situated on a small pond.
 
We lined up and got a chance to say hello and happy new year to the ambassador and his wife, along with other dignitaries.
 
Next was a set of very short speeches (the kind I like), followed by a Japanese sake toast (Kanpai!). Then, on to food and conversation:
Wrapping up with an amazing selection of Japanese sweets (actually, "semi-sweet" in comparison to Western desserts), this was a lovely event.
 
I have a good contact and friend at the Embassy to thank, Mr. Akira Tsugita. My wife and I really enjoyed this event, and hope to be invited again in the future.
 
In addition to these rather documentary shots, I did make two images that I feel are more expressive and interesting. You'll see those soon!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment