Sunday, September 20, 2015

Choosing Tools for Digital Black and White Conversion

Belle of the Plantation, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Summicron 35mm f2 v.3 Lens
iso 400, f2, 1/60 sec.
 
I like to shoot in black and white. I quite often convert my color digital images to monochrome, to get the look I want.
 
I do have Nik's Silver Efex, which I use as a plug-in for Adobe Lightroom. It has a lot of flexibility, and works very well. More often than not, though, I do the conversion directly in Lightroom.
 
(Click Here) to read a post on Digital Photography School, where they present and compare five different plug-ins: Silver Efex Pro 2, Exposure, Perfect Black and White, B&W Effects 2, and DxO FilmPack. Lots of information to help you decide which plug-in may be best for you, if any.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment