Monday, September 7, 2015

A Glass Menagerie - Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5

I carry a camera with me every day. Today, it happened to be my little waterproof Lumix TS5, which I was bringing in to work to loan to a friend. The camera has accompanied her to Central America, and is now on its way to Tibet.
 
Anyway, the building where I work represents one of the world's largest installations of structural glass. Walking to my office, I noticed these apparently random tracks on the condensed water droplets on the outside surface. Obviously not guided by gravity, these tracks twist and turn, intersecting themselves and wandering both up and down. After looking at a few of them closely, I determined the source.
 
Slug, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5
 
At about 1 1/2" in length, these guys cover some territory.
 
Further down the hall, I found this predator:
 
Praying Mantis, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5
 
I'm not sure if a mantis will eat slugs, but I have a suspicion they will. Quite an interesting little world in operation just on the other side of the glass...
 
The TS5's macro capability came in handy here. The wifi did as well, allowing me to quickly transfer the images to my iPad so I could include them in this morning's post.
 
Then, I look up from the table where I'm writing and see this:
 
 
I grabbed this shot with the iPad's onboard camera. Okay, digital imaging can be pretty cool.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment