Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oklahoma Tornadoes - I Watched The Storm Develop

I am visiting my parents in El Reno, Oklahoma on May 20, 2013, the day of the horrendous tornadoes in Moore, Oklahoma. We knew that severe weather was coming; the local news stations had been warning for days.
 
The storm formed just to the East of us. I got in the car to see if I could safely get a shot or two.
 
The Oklahoma Tornado Storm Forming, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
 
 
Enormous Storm Cloud, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7, in-camera panorama
 
I did not get close to this storm. It was just too ominous.
 
About 20 minutes after I took these pictures, we started hearing about tornadoes on the ground. The strangest thing is that where I was, we never even got any rain. Forty miles away, mass destruction was happening. I'm still struggling with the images and news we've been seeing on the television all day.

Storm Clouds Over the Plains, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7, in-camera panorama
 
My thoughts go out to all those affected by the tornadoes.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment