Thursday, June 11, 2015

Now That's an Escalator

Woodley Park Metro, by Reed A. George
Leica M3 DS, Summicron 50mm f2 Lens
Ilford HP5+ Film
 
Quick post this morning, as I'm at a conference, writing in the lobby before things get started.
 
This is a very impressive escalator at the National Zoo exit of the DC Metro system. The winches and construction equipment on the right caught my eye, immediately after the slightly disorienting look all the way to the top. This shot challenged my iso 400 film, even at f2. I think I shot it at 1/30 second, with the Summicron wide open. While I would have preferred to catch an escalator rider's face, that just didn't happen. I did time my shot to get the lowest person's legs lit by the escalator foot lights. If I'd had a wider lens, I would have liked to get more of the lower part of the escalator belt, but had to work with the only lens I had. Getting the top of the escalator was more important in my opinion, to show the overall height involved.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment