Friday, June 12, 2015

So What Are You Reading? Agfa APX 400 Film Test

 
The Wide View, by Reed A. George
Zeiss SW, Voigtlander 12mm f5.6 Lens
Agfa APX 400 Film
 
I'm testing and getting my shooting parameters down for a new (discontinued) film, Agfa APX 400. My friend Dennis Gallus gave me (!) a 100' roll, which I've started to bulk load. My first roll came out underexposed and possibly underdeveloped (7 mins in D-76, 1:1). After seeing that, I read up about the film online, and found that many people used to shoot it at 200 instead of the indicated 400 speed. I will try that, and believe it will really help.
 
This shot was made with my widest lens, the Voigtlander 12mm f5.6. You can see my current book of choice in the foreground, Eight Girls Taking Pictures, by Whitney Ott. It is a fictional work, telling the story of eight female photographer/artists. I'm enjoying it very much.
 
Thanks again for the film, Dennis! I'll have it all worked out in another roll or two.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment