Sunday, December 15, 2013

Some Street Photographs From My Solo Trip To NYC - Leica IIIC

In yesterday's post, I shared some images from an evening out by myself in New York City. Today's post follows on with the same theme, but in a less cohesive way. All shot with the same Leica IIIC (a Barnack-designed jewel from 1946) and either the Canon 50mm f1.4 LTM or an uncoated Summitar 5cm f2 LTM lens (ca. 1939), these are little pieces of the rest of my trip.
 
Korean Tofu Restaurant, by Reed A. George
Leica IIIC, Kodak Tmax 400 Film
 
I made this shot while eating lunch. I like how you can see a little into to very separate but adjacent worlds - that of the couple eating together, and that of the kitchen. I don't remember the exposure settings, but do remember using the table to help stabilize the camera to avoid motion blur.
 
Glasses, by Reed A. George
Leica IIIC, Kodak Tmax 400 Film
 
The shot above is my favorite of this series. Having both ladies in glasses looking right into the camera makes the moment for me.
 
Unique Cab, by Reed A. George

Leica IIIC, Kodak Tmax 400 Film

 
The Rink, by Reed A. George

Leica IIIC, Kodak Tmax 400 Film

 
What I like about the shot above is the juxtaposition of the graphic of a family enjoying ice skating together in the city (which was printed on the rink wall), and the actual people doing just that above. I wish I'd have caught the lady's facial expression a little better as she helps the young girl navigate the ice. I would have stayed longer, but had to move on to catch my bus back home. It's still presentable, I think, just could have been better.
 
I really love carrying a little Barnack film camera around in the City.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment