Thursday, April 17, 2014

By and By Bluegrass at Gypsy Sally's - Including Some "Dreaming in Monochrom(e)" Shots

I've already posted some shots of the Larry Keel Power Trio (aka Larry Keel Experience) that I shot at Gypsy Sally's in Washington DC a while back.
 
(Click Here) to see my earlier post and link to my images on the live music blog Cosmic Vibes Live. Since that post, which was all digital shots, I've received my film back from The Darkroom. I have more Keel pictures to post, when I get to it.
 
In the meantime, here are some images of one of the opening bands, By and By. The bass player, Matt Iadanza, is a friend and co-worker in my regular job. The first set is digital, all shot with the still-amazing Nikon D700. I processed these in Lightroom using my settings to emulate Ilford Delta 3200 film.
 
(Click Here) to find my Lightroom settings that lead to this look.
 
I'll follow that with a couple of film shots from the Leica M4-2 that I'm using for the Dreaming in Monochrom(e) series.
 
 
 
 
By and By, by Reed A. George
Nikon D700, Nikkor AF-D 20mm f2.8, Nikkor 85mm f1.8 AF-D Lenses
 
And here are a couple shot with my Leica M4-2 and real honest-to-goodness Ilford Delta 3200 film.
 
By and By, by Reed A. George
Leica M4-2, Zeiss C-Sonnar 50mm f1.5 Lens
Ilford Delta 3200 Film
 
This was Matt's last show as bassist for By and By. He's now in the UK, working at the University of Leeds. Best wishes, Matt! But, the band continues on. (Click Here) to learn more about By and By Bluegrass.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment