Monday, April 21, 2014

Nikon S Rangefinder - First Test Roll Results

I wrote a few days ago about how I've finally bought in to the Nikon rangefinder line.
 
(Click Here) to see that post.
 
In that post, I included some test images shot with the Nikkor 5cm f1.4 lens that came with my Nikon S. Here are a couple of shots from my first roll of film through the camera.
 
My Favorite Subject, by Reed A. George
Nikon S Rangefinder, Nikkor 5cm f1.4 lens
 
This image is converted to black and white from a color film negative (Walgreens iso 200 color print film). It's pretty sharp, but I think I very slightly missed the perfect focus setting (or moved a little with a slow shutter speed).
 
The image below is much sharper.
 
Outside Starbucks, by Reed A. George

Nikon S Rangefinder, Nikkor 5cm f1.4 lens

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with what this old camera can do. It's true, the Nikon rangefinder line is a dead end - no new cameras, and no more use of the mount. But, I am glad that I got this camera. I'm going to have some fun with it.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment