Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fun Snaps With Polaroid 250, Bounced Flash, FP3000 Pack Film

I have a newly-serviced Polaroid 250, which is one of the high end models, with Zeiss finder and a metal body. I've been playing with bounced flash (my Nikon SB600, for which I made a sync cable out of an accessory hot shoe cable and the terminal from the original Polaroid flash). I have found that setting the flash to manual, 1/2 power, pointed at the ceiling gives a good exposure for a close up subject when the camera is loaded with Fujifilm FP3000B black and white film and the camera is set for asa75 film with flash.
 
Coming home tonight, I saw my daughter sitting on the couch in her American flag socks, and just had to get a couple of pictures. I made her get up and pose on the stairs for me. Here's the best exposure of four:
 
And here's a slightly strange one, which is the result of two failed exposures where the flash didn't fire, plus a third good one, where it did:
 
 
Something about these old Polaroids. Somehow, the weirder the result, the better.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment