Saturday, May 2, 2015

I Love Slow Photography - Jim Austin Shares "SloFo" on Film Photography Project Blog

Slow, by Reed A. George
Mamiya Universal Press Camera
 
I love slow photography. Probably my favorite camera for ultra-slow, contemplative photography is the Mamiya Universal Press (MUP). You just don't hurry this camera up. It's big, heavy, and stubborn. It makes me do photography it's way.
 
Jim ("Jimages") Austin has written a nice blog post on the Film Photography Project's blog about slow photography, which he refers to as "SloFo." I'm not sure why we need a new term for it, but I enjoyed Jim's post nonetheless. Jim was shooting in the Bahamas with a selection of Konica, Nikon, and Nikonos film cameras.
 
(Click Here) to read the blog post on the Film Photography Project's page. Be sure to watch the video that's linked to from the text; it shares different pictures than are used in the text. Plus, it's kind of fun to see Jim paddling his boat to shore.
 
If you're a rapid-fire high speed continuous shooter, you owe it to yourself to try some slow photography. Personally, I find it much more rewarding and useful in sharing my creative vision.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment