Sunday, May 24, 2015

Northern Water Snake - Nikkor 300-400mm f4 AF-S VR G Lens

I went kayaking today, for the third weekend in a row. Get it, in a row? Sorry about that. I think I'm a little punchy after so much exercise.
 
Today, I had the distinct pleasure of testing out a new telephoto lens, the amazing Nikkor 200-400mm f4. This is not an easy lens to handle, but mounted firmly on a gimbal head and super-heavy tripod, I was able to get it to shine, including with the Nikon TC14EII teleconverter. The focus is super-fast and accurate.
 
 
Northern Water Snake (Nerodia sipedon), by Reed A. George
Nikon D700, Nikkor 200-400mm f4 AF-S G VR Lens
Nikkor TC1.4EII Teleconverter (final focal length 360mm)
iso 2200, f8, 1/1250 sec.

I got some really nice bird shots today as well, including some really sharp shots of birds in flight. But, I'm too tired to process them tonight. So, you'll have to live with this teaser shot of a northern water snake until I get some sleep.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment