Friday, May 8, 2015

Walking in the Rain, New Orleans

I met this nice lady one morning at Jackson Square. I informed her that she was wearing the red jacket that every photographer dreams of, especially when shooting on a dreary, rainy day. She actually agreed to walk out into the rain so that I could photograph her under the tree covered in Mardi Gras beads, with the wrought iron fence of Jackson Square in the background. Now that says New Orleans.
 
Walking in the Rain, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, 50mm f1.4 Summilux Lens
iso 800, f3.4, 1/90 sec.
 
She actually emailed me (I gave her my card), and I sent her this image. It's nice to close the loop in that way.
 
My only regreat is that I had to act quickly, and didn't use a fast enough shutter speed to clearly show that it was raining pretty hard at that moment. 1/250 second would probably have capture it well. Of course, that would have meant higher iso and wider aperture, which would have compromised depth of field (I wanted a lot) and digital noise. So, this is the compromise I decided to make.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment