Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Now This Blows My Mind

You may have seen this picture before. I posted it on October 14, 2012. In that posting, I described how resisting the urge to take a telephoto, and shooting with a 50mm normal lens on the Leica M9 allowed me to get a very different shot than what I usually get at the circus.
Big Apple Circus, Horses, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Canon LTM 50mm f1.4
iso 640, f2, 1/90 sec
 
I am reposting it for a reason. I was recently reading about a set of photographs by Cornell Capa, taken in 1947 in Hugo, Oklahoma. Apparently, Hugo was and is the place where circus performers go for downtime and training when they're not performing. Imagine my surprise when I saw this:
 
 
Circus Horses, Hugo, Oklahoma, 1947
Image Source: http://quitecontinental.net/2011/04/25/life-archives-circus-city-usa-1947-hugo-oklahoma/
 
I think the similarity is quite striking. It's even the same number of horses. Cool.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment