Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chinatown Sky, San Francisco

Chinatown Sky, by Reed A. George
Leica M6, Kodak 400 Color Print Film
 
I have always been attracted to the Chinese lanterns and dragon-design lightposts in San Francisco's Chinatown. In this shot, the clouds against the bright blue sky, boxed-in by the building roofs, provide a nice backdrop for them. The diagonal line of the lanterns also works for me.
 
This is a low resolution scan that I downloaded from The Darkroom's online site. I added some saturation in the lanterns, and darkened up the shadows under the roof eaves, and added the frame in Snapseed. I may do some more work with this image when the negatives arrive in the mail next week. I'm sure it will look somewhat different if I scan it at home and post process with Lightroom.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment