Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kitchen Door

Last night, I went to a live music performance at Jammin' Java in Vienna, Virginia. I caught this scene out of the corner of my eye, quickly mounted the Nikkor 85mm f1.8 AF-D, and captured it.
 
Kitchen Door, by Reed A. George
Nikon Df, Nikkor 85mm f1.8 AF-D Lens
iso 7200, f2, 1/125 sec.
 
It's absolutely amazing how well the Nikon Df does at high iso settings. In fact, I find that much of the time I actually use Auto-ISO settings, since I really don't have to worry about digital noise. In this case, that's what I did. I set the camera to spot meter, set the shutter speed to 1/125 with the camera in Manual exposure mode, the f-stop to f2, and just trusted the camera to pick the correct iso. The sensor in the Df gives me nearly complete freedom in these types of shooting situations.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment