Sunday, April 5, 2015

Stained Glass, Mausoleums in Rock Creek Cemetery

A final post of images I made during my recent visit to Rock Creek Cemetery.
 
There are a lot of mausoleums at this cemetery, and some of them have lovely stained glass windows, usually in the rear of the building. I decided to shoot some of them using my new Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AIS lens. This lens allowed me to get sharp images of the stained glass, but blur the distracting front glass and iron gates of the mausoleums. I like how the shallow depth of field isolates the images from the rest of the scene.
Mausoleum Stained Glass, by Reed A. George
Nikon Df, Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AIS Lens at f1.2
 
I also like the reflections of the trees in the front glass.
 
This lens provides the opportunity to do some very unique things with my images.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment