Monday, April 29, 2013

Skeletons From The Closet - Results From April's Camera - Agfa Solinette II

I've only shot one roll of film through the Solinette so far this month. I've gotten a little behind in my writing for this feature as well. But, I did get a few images worth sharing, and I'm hopeful that I'll get some more film through the Solinette before the end of April.
 
My wife and I went to Dayton, Ohio recently. Here are a couple of shots from that weekend.
 
Springtime Portrait, by Reed A. George
Agfa Solinette II with Solinar 50mm f3.5 Lens
 
While in Dayton, we visited a museum in the Carillon Park. I liked this mechanical detail of a generator at the museum.
 
Mechanical Detail, by Reed A. George
Agfa Solinette II with Solinar 50mm f3.5 Lens
 
I have a few more images to share, these taken around home. First, the old manor house at the modern biomedical facility where I work still has spring flowers come up each and every year. These must have first been planted many years ago when the manor house was occupied. I think it's interesting to see these remnants of the lives that people spent living in this beautiful old house.
 
Daffodils at the Manor House, by Reed A. George
Agfa Solinette II with Solinar 50mm f3.5 Lens
 
I grabbed this shot on the way to work one morning. I just had to pull over and catch this sunset.
 
Sunrise, by Reed A. George
Agfa Solinette II with Solinar 50mm f3.5 Lens
 
 
Finally, this scene of a tulip magnolia tree at work caught my eye. I always enjoy when this tree bursts into bloom, and usually photograph it a few times per year. This year, I liked how the shadows of the branches above connected with the fallen petals on the ground. It's a little different, at least. I'll include two examples.
 
Tulip Magnolia Petals, by Reed A. George
Agfa Solinette II with Solinar 50mm f3.5 Lens

I've enjoyed shooting the Solinette so far, even though guess focus is challenging for me. The little Solinar lens is pretty darned sharp in my opinion. The colors are a little muted, but I'm not sure if that's due to the lens or the cheap color print film I used. Either way, I think they look decent.

I've got a new 36 exposure roll of Fuji 100 print film loaded up and ready to go. I think I'll carry the Solinette around tomorrow and see what I can do with it.

DMC-365.blogspot.com


 

3 comments:

  1. When some one searches for his vital thing, thus he/she wishes to be available that in detail, thus that thing is
    maintained over here.

    My web-site: Its About Time Grindstone Mattseh

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I grabbed this shot on the way to work one morning. I just had to pull over and catch this sunset."

    Curious definition of morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - sunrise - so sorry. :P

    ReplyDelete