Thursday, April 4, 2013

Whole Lotta Leica - My First Day in Japan with the Summilux 35mm f1.4

Ramen Shop, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Leica Summilux 35mm f1.4 Lens
 
I am writing at the end of my first full day in Japan. I will be home by the time this posts.
 
We arrived in Japan late last night, and today was a rest day. Tomorrow we're off for Kyoto on a 6:15AM train.
 
Today I went to Akihabara (Tokyo electronics district) to check out new cameras. The Fuji X20 really turns me on. I will likely end up with one of these as some point.
 
I also went to a few used camera stores in Ginza, to talk with them about the Leica Historical Society of America (LHSA), which is now the International Leica Society. I found a beautiful old Rolleiflex D, with a Planar f2.8 lens, which I fell in love with.
 
But, I didn't buy - either the X20 or the Rollei.
 
I did walk around the city and shoot a little today, both with my DMC-LX7 and with my M9.
 
It was raining this evening, and I spent some time shooting the wet streets and people in them. I really like the shot above as I was able to catch the person walking their bike right into the light emanating from the ramen shop on the right.
 
This shot is right out of the camera.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment