Monday, April 15, 2013

Slowly Working Through Images From Japan - Another Nighttime HDR Shot From The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7

 
Fountain and Lanterns, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7, In-Camera HDR
 
I have been very busy since returning from Japan. I've finally made it through grading about 1,500 images, so that I've reduced it to a few hundred that I want to look at closer. I've also gotten my film back from The Darkroom - two rolls from my Skeletons From The Closet camera for April, the Zeiss Ikonta folder. So, I'm making progress.
 
I wrote a while back about the surprisingly good images that I got using the in-camera HDR feature of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7, handheld, basically in the dark.
 
(Click Here) to read my initial post about the LX7 and HDR in the dark.
 
The shot above is another example. In this scene, the fountain was really nearly in complete darkness. The original jpeg did have a weird color balance on the fountain; the lanterns were nicely white and didn't need adjustment. I was a little worried, working with just the jpeg file (no raw file is made with in-camera HDR), but was able to adjust the color and bring up the brightness of the fountain with no issues.
 
This image would have been nearly impossible to capture handheld with other cameras. Even with a tripod, the extra processing of multiple images at the computer would have been much less fun. I've got plenty of other images to process.
 
I am really enjoying the LX7. Now, I've got to get back to editing and presenting some more pictures. Maybe this weekend...
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
See my Kindle eBook on how I set up and use the DMC-LX7. Only $2.99, or free for Amazon Prime members:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment