Sunday, August 10, 2014

More Rolleiflex Images from the Smithsonian Folklife Festival - Celebrating Kenya

Yesterday, I shared a couple of images from the China side of this year's Smithsonian Folklife Festival. Today, Kenya.
 
All of these were shot with my Rolleiflex T twin lens reflex (TLR) camera and Kodak Portra 160 film.
Smithsonian Folklife Festival 2014 - Kenya
 
It was a very bright, contrasty sunny day, as you can see in the second image. So, getting under the tent coverings helped to diffuse the light quite a bit, leading to better overall images. That said, it made getting a natural looking background more challenging.
 
In any case, people did seem to like being photographed with an old TLR camera. I've had this camera for several years. I used it quite a lot when I first bought it, less so recently. I've still got it in my bag, and plan to shoot more with it in the near future.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment