Thursday, October 18, 2012

And Now From The Darkside - Autumn Is For Death

On the same walk that I posted all the warmth and beauty of autumn from yesterday, I also found this:
 
Death in the Forest, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Leica Summarit 50mm f1.5 Lens (ca. 1953)
iso 200, f2.8, 1/250 sec
 
Autumn is the time for dying. Many animals and plants end their life cycle as the leaves turn color and fall to the ground.
 
I have no idea what this young buck died from. But, looking up, I see what may well have been his last sight of life...
 
 
Final Vision, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Leica Summarit 50mm f1.5 Lens (ca. 1953)
iso 200, f2.6, 1/200 sec
 
See what I mean about that old Summarit drawing some interesting forms in black and white? You can see the sharpness of the skull in the first image, and how quickly that sharpness transitions into whorly out of focus regions. What a cool old lens.
 
Tomorrow I promise to get off the death theme, really.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment