Monday, October 22, 2012

Wanna Turn Your Nice Micro 4/3 Camera Into A Holga? Olympus Body Cap 15mm Lens.

 
Olympus 15mm f8 "Body Cap" Lens
Image Source: http://www.photographyblog.com/news/olympus_15mm_f_8_body_cap_lens_for_micro_four_thirds/
 
Well, not quite a Holga. This little lens has a focus knob. But, if you push that to infinity, set your iso to 400, and shutter speed to 1/100 second, you've got yourself a "no-touch" craptastic camera, just like the Holga.
 
If you're not familiar with the Holga cheap plastic camera movement, (Click Here) to see the Lomography site.
 
That's right. This tiny little fix f8 (very slow, needs a lot of light) lens fits onto your Micro 4/3 body and can serve as both a body cap, and a rather constrained lens.
 
I found a nice post on Pekka Potka's blog about using the lens on walks with his dog. Pekka indicates all of the limitations of the lens, but still decides to have some fun with it.
 
(Click Here) to read Pekka's blog entry about this lens and see plenty of example images.
 
For me? Certainly not. But, at least Olympus is keeping it interesting.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I have the Holga 25mm for M4/3, a real fun lens...
    Here it is my gallery:
    http://andreacosta.zenfolio.com/p988875531

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,

    I love your gallery. So much, I'm ordering the Holga 25mm! I'll report on it later, and may include your link in my post, if that's okay!

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete