Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Google Reader is Gone? Guess I Missed the Memo

Well, this should not be a surprise. Apparently, it was announced in March. But, it is.
 
This morning, I went to my Google Reader app, which allows me to look at a very large number of blogs quickly. Here's what I found:
 
Google Reader is Gone!
 
I will have to figure out where to go next with this. I need some way to accumulate blogs that I check regularly. Hmm. Maybe I'd better figure out how to export my current links before July 15.
 
And, maybe I'd better figure out how to back-up and export my 600 blog entries. If I missed this, I suppose I could miss Google cancelling blogspot as well.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Here's a comparison between three potential replacements:
    http://theweek.com/article/index/246365/digg-reader-vs-aol-reader-vs-feedly-a-google-reader-replacement-shootout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob - I've tried digg and feedly already; neither is able to import from the backup file. Feedly is badly broken, but supposedly has a new version app in review at Apple. I haven't tried AOL.

    I'm sure it will get solved in the near future, but I'm out in the cold for now.

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete