Friday, July 19, 2013

Key West, Florida - Shot With Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7

 
Pier, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 100, f8, 15 seconds
 
As you may have seen from other recent posts, my family and I went to Key West, Florida for a mini-vacation. Three days is pretty short, but we definitely made the most of it.
 
Having focused a lot on my Leica and film camera photography for the first half of this year, it was time to shoot some of my Panasonic cameras. I've already written about the DMC-TS5 underwater camera and how it performed. The workhorse of this trip was the DMC-LX7. I also used my DMC-GX1 a little, and will share those images in a separate post. This one's dedicated to the LX7.
 
The Casa Marina resort in Key West has a long history, and is the brainchild of railroad magnate Henry Flagler. We liked having breakfast there, where everyone gets treated as if they're wealthy. I made this quick shot using the iAuto mode on the LX7.
 
Casa Marina Breakfast, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 80, f2.8, 1/800 sec.

Casa Marina also has great hammocks out by the water's edge.
Hammock, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 400, f2.3, 1/20 sec.
Here are some other scenes from around Key West. First, the lighthouse. I love the orange blossoms on the trees.
 
Key West Lighthouse, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 320, f4, 1/100 sec.

And one of the famous Key West roosters, this one on the sidewalk at the Hemingway house. This is one of those shots that's so sharp it's scary. When I do a 1:1 zoom on the rooster's head, the detail is downright astonishing.
 
Key West Rooster, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 100, f4, 1/80 sec.
 
A simple street scene that says "Key West" to me:
 
Store Window, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 100, f4, 1/40 sec.
 
And a parting shot of the kid, looking through a waterfall glass fountain.
 
End of a Nice Vacation, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 100, f2.1, 1/25 sec.
 
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. The LX7 is capable of so much, it's almost embarrassing. It makes it hard to justify all of the other camera equipment I own.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
Be sure to read my ebook on how I set up the LX7 for my uses, and why:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment