Friday, May 9, 2014

Quirky Rituals to Spur Creativity

I read an interesting post on the Writer's Circle blog, about odd rituals that famous writers have used to keep the creative juices flowing.
My Daughter and I, a Few Years Back, by Reed A. George
Nikon D700, Nikkor AF-D 35-70mm f2.8 Lens
iso 800, f13, 1/60 sec.
 
Apparently, Joan Didion sleeps with her nearly-finished books, Truman Capote avoided many things based on superstition. My favorite, even though I don't follow it, is Hemingway's creed of "Done by noon, drunk by three." It seems he lived by it.
 
(Click Here) to read the full post on Writer's Circle.
 
I'm about to head off on a solo adventure for three days in New Orleans. No real agenda, other than meeting up with a musician friend who's migrated there. I'm hoping that the change of scenery andsome time to hang out at a leisurely pace will push me in a new creative direction. Actually, I have had lots of ideas and even some progress in images related to them lately. A little extra energy never hurts, though.
 
Now to decide on what camera gear to take...
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment