Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pairing the Pana-Leica 45mm f2.8 Macro-Elmarit With the Olympus E-M5

 
Olympus E-M5 and Pana-Leica 45mm  by Frank B on dpreview
Image Source: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41605970
There has been an enormous amount of buzz about the new Olympus E-M5 Micro 4/3 body. It is a very attractive camera, with retro styling sure to appeal to the Olympus film SLR user, and superb image quality.
 
(Click Here) to see the Olympus E-M5 review on dpreview.com
 
I found the following post by Frank B on dpreview's Micro 4/3 forum, pairing the E-M5 with the Pana-Leica 45mm f2.8 Macro-Elmarit:
 
(Click Here) to see the original post and one more macro image.
 
Right now, I'm planning almost the opposite - pairing my Panasonic body (Lumix DMC-G3) with Olympus lenses. In particular, I'm very much looking forward to the new Olympus 75mm f1.8 becoming available for purchase.
 
(Click Here) to see a preview of the Olympus 75mm f1.8 on dpreview.
 
I think that handful of fast glass will be great for my low light concert photography, giving me a combination of more reach than my Pana-Leica 45mm and faster aperture than my Lumix 100-300mm f4-5.6. By the way, the 100-300 works pretty well if the stage lights are bright enough. But, the new Oly lens will do fine in near darkness. C'mon, Olympus, ship those lenses to the US market!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment