Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Preparing for a Month-Long Show at King Street Coffee in Leesburg, VA

Train Station, Harpers Ferry, WV, by Reed A. George
Leica CL, Leica Summaron 3.5cm f3.5 lens (ca. 1937)
Exposure unrecorded
 
I am busy preparing for a gallery showing of my work at King Street Coffee in Leesburg, Virginia.
 
(Click Here) to go to the King Street Coffee website. They host monthly gallery showings by local artists. I'm very happy to be given the opportunity to show my work there in the month of November.
 
My theme is going to be all pictures taken within an hour or so of Leesburg.
 
(Click Here) to see the images on my site, creativeobjective.com
 
My goal is to show some images from the area that might not be apparent to newcomers, and may entice people to get out and explore a little. The images were shot with a variety of equipment, and collected over several years' time.
 
I am limited by wall space in the coffee shop to ~8-10 images. I've got them selected now, and will set up my home framing operation today.
 
King Street Coffee will be hosting a gallery opening for me at Leesburg's "First Friday" event on November 2, from 6-9PM. Come by, have a cup of coffee, and chat photography with me!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Reed. That's a nice opportunity. Good selection of photos on your website. Sorry I can't make the opening. Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James. I'm sorry you can't be there, as well! Thanks for the well-wishes, and we'll catch up soon.

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete