Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sunset From Mount Prospect, Lancaster, New Hampshire

While I was on a business trip to a conference in Whitefield, New Hampshire (tough assignment, but someone's gotta do it), I was happy to get away immediately after the conference ended to hike up Mount Prospect, in nearby Lancaster.
 
Weeks State Park has a paved trail going to the summit, a round-trip of about 3 miles. I was very tight on time, and made it back to the car a little after dark.
 
I've missed the fall colors up here, so photo opportunities did not abound. However, I saw this on my way back down the trail:
 
Sunset from Mount Prospect, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 14-140mm f4-5.8 at 140mm
iso 200, f8, 1/15 sec (on tripod)
 
This is straight from the camera, as I'm still on the road as I write this, and uploaded directly from my iPad.
 
The bright stripe of water in the lower portion of the image makes it interesting for me. I like how you can see the pines silhouetted against the water.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment