Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Image Selected For the Process: Photography Show at Athenaeum in Alexandria, Virginia

 
Transit to Hockey Practice, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Leica Elmar 5.0 cm f3.5 Collapsible Lens
iso 1250, f3.5, 1/45 sec
 
This image, shot as part of my Whole Lotta Leica column in January, was chosen to be part of the Process:Photography exhibit at Athenaeum Gallery in Alexandria, Virginia, from February 28 - April 7, 2013.
 
Process:Photography focuses on the interplay of photographic technique, equipment, and the resulting image. Sounds pretty much like the focus of this blog, huh? There is a wide variety of equipment represented, from high tech microphotography (using fluorescence microscopes), to flatbed scanners, to plastic toy cameras.
 
I think my image appealed because of the combination of old, less than perfect optics in my ca. 1938 Elmar, matched with the latest in digital imaging technology in the Leica M9. I have to admit, it looks pretty good printed at 20" x 30".
 
Athenaeum is a gorgeous, open exhibit space in a historic building in Old Town, Alexandria (201 Prince Street).
 
(Click Here) to see Athenaeum on the web.
 
There is an opening reception, which I unfortunately cannot attend, on Sunday March 3 from 4:00-6:00 PM (free).
 
I will be there for the "Artist's Show and Tell" on Sunday, April 7, at 2:00 PM.
 
If you're in the Northern Virginia / DC area, please drop by and say hello!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment