Thursday, March 5, 2015

An Evening with Travis Book of The Infamous Stringdusters

A couple of weeks back, I got the opportunity to spend a Sunday night at my friends (Morgan Morrison and Fiddlin' Dave VanDeventer)'s house, listening to Travis Book, a member of the "newgrass" band The Infamous Stringdusters, play solo acoustic guitar and sing for us.
 
I photographed the Stringdusters a couple of years back, in Alexandria, Virginia. (Click Here) to see those pics.
 
Here are a few images from the Sunday night house concert, all made with my Nikon Df.
 
 
 
 
Travis was on his way to Colorado for a recording session. We were very lucky to have him come up to Northern Virginia a day early, spend the night at Morgan and Dave's, and play for us. I also got a copy of his new solo CD, "Alice." You should get yourself one.
 
What a great way to spend a cold Sunday evening.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment