Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Visit to a Buddhist Temple - With My Rolleiflex 2.8F

Wat Lao Buddhavong, by Reed A. George
Rolleiflex 2.8F, Kodak TMax 400 Film
 
I made a visit to a local Buddhist temple that I'd never been to before - Wat Lao Buddhavong in Catlett, Virginia. Anticipating a festival that never materialized (I guess my information was wrong), I took the opportunity to walk around the grounds. These are a few of the things I saw there.
 
Shooting with TMax 400 in the bright sunlight and with snow still on the ground meant very fast shutter speeds (1/250-1/500) and small apertures. I did use a yellow filter, which reduced the sensitivity by about 1 - 1 1/2 stops, so really, I was shooting at an equivalent of about iso 150.
 
The square composition worked well for me here. The detail that the 2.8F's Carl Zeiss Planar bring out are just amazing.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment