Saturday, January 28, 2012

Surf Photography With Compact Cameras?

 Yes!  The capability of compact cameras sure has changed in recent years.
 
User Gary R. on dpreview posted this story about going to Oahu's North Shore with three compact Lumix Cameras:  DMC-LX5, DMC-TS1 (underwater), and DMC-ZS7. 
 
 
 
Source: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=40345180

It is certainly worth clicking through to his pbase album to see the rest of his images:
 
I was hoping to see some images from inside the waves with the TS1, but they aren't there.  Regardless, I think it's impressive how well Gary captured the gorgeous waves and the feeling of the beach.  Sounds pretty good on a rainy cold day here in Northern Virginia.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

3 comments:

  1. Very nice blog! I'd like to exchange links with you. I have already added to my blogroll.

    The link of my blog is photographymc.blogspot.com

    Photography Blog: news, photographic techniques, digital cameras, photoshop tutorial, photography course, image editing, photomontage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have added your blog to my Google Reader list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been having trouble with this image in the post. In the end, I decided it was better to have it hereas is, ratherthan deleting it altogether. Sorry for the size issue.

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete