Thursday, January 5, 2012

This Report Makes Me More Comfortable With My Pana-Leica 45mm f2.8 Macro Elmarit

I will start by saying that I've been very happy with my Panasonic Leica 45mm f2.8 for Micro 4/3.  I find it to be a very good lens for people pictures.  This is one example of a shot I made with it:

Pana-Leica 45mm lens works great for people images
Japanese Kyudo Archery Practitioner
Panasonic Macro Elmarit 45mm f2.8, 
Lumix DMC-G1, iso 400, f2.8, 1/50 sec

That said, I must say I am intrigued by the faster, more compact Olympus 45mm f1.8 that has recently arrived.  This comparison over at the Micro 4/3 Photography Blog (m43photo.blogspot.com) is a quick and informative read (click here).

Here is an image that shows the size of both lenses:

Image source:  m43photo.blogspot.com

After reading that excellent article, and thinking about the utility of both the Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and macro capabilities of the Panasonic lens, I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Panasonic on this one.  

I know the Olympus lens is also getting great reviews.

DMC-365.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment