Sunday, September 16, 2012

And Then Sometimes, It Just Doesn't Work Out

This morning, I took a gorgeous old Zeiss Ikon 35mm Contina out for some shooting at Eastern Market in Washington, DC. I spent a few hours, and really enjoyed shooting some street photography.
 
I shot two rolls, and at the end of roll number two, realized that the film transport was slipping. I got two full rolls of multiple exposures. Nothing worth saving at all.
 
Oh well, that's a risk of using old equipment. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fix the old camera. I could tell, even with the transport problem, there were some nice shots there. If they'd been separated, that is.
 
And, on the subject of the reliability of using old cameras, I can't remember the last time something like this happened to me. I'm usually blessed with very good luck.
 
I'll be back at it tomorrow, with a more reliable camera!
 
As a substitute, here's a shot I took at Eastern Market some time ago:
Eastern Market Morning, by Reed A. George
Leica IIIC, Summitar 5.0cm f2.0
Exposure Unrecorded
 
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment