Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pentax Spotmatic - A Nice Review and a Few of My Pics

Well, my photographic interest started out with a Pentax K1000. I still have it. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I just bought a second one in nearly-new condition for $48 shipped, including a 50mm f2 lens. The awesome 50mm f1.7 is my favorite normal lens for the K1000.
 
I remember a best friend's Dad had a gorgeous Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic. He also had the 50mm f1.4 Super Takumar, and 200mm f4. I was in awe of it, especially that telephoto. He only let us handle it very carefully.
 
A couple of years ago, I bought a truly beautiful black Spotmatic, and sent it off to Pentax wizard Eric Hendrickson. He does amazing work. It works like new.
 
You can contact Eric at Pentaxrepairs@aol.com
 
Next, I had to find a nice 200mm f4. It took some searching, but now I've got one. Anyway, here's a sample shot from the Spotmatic and 200mm f4 Takumar lens.
 
What the Duck Are YOU Looking At?, by Reed A. George
Pentax Spotmatic, 200mm f4 Takumar Lens, exposure unrecorded
 
And here's another, using a cheaper Vivitar 200mm f3.5:
 
Dwayne Brook of the Woodshedders, by Reed A. George
Pentax Spotmatic, Vivitar 200mm f3.5, exposure unrecorded
 
So what got me thinking of the Spotmatic? A very upbeat review on filmphotographyproject.com.
 
(Click Here) to read that review.
 
So, grab an old Spottie and get outside! They're a blast to use.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment