Sunday, September 30, 2012

More Emotion - Neither Smiles Nor Grimaces

I spent a few minutes photographing my daughter on a "boring" Sunday afternoon. In order to get her to drop the canned front-on smile, I asked her to imagine things - testing for her black belt and the related anxiety, driving for the first time when she gets her license in a few years, coming home to tell me that she's wrecked the car...
Thinking - Wait For It..., by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Elmarit 90mm f2.8
iso 1250, f5.6, 1/125 sec
 
I can't help but think these types of images will mean more to me than school portraits in years to come. Just the detail of her superhero t-shirt reminds me of who she is.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

2 comments:

  1. enjoying your blog as usual, great read reed.... something unique with shots from leica, it's filled with emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave,

    Glad to hear you're continuing to enjoy it. We can make emotional shots with any camera, but in some people's hands, the Leica approach seems to get there more often or easier.

    Thanks for the comment!

    Reed

    ReplyDelete