Saturday, April 26, 2014

Remind Me Again Why I Need Multiple Cameras? The Lumix DMC-LX7 Does So Much.

Japanese Garden Scene, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7, 70mm (equivalent full-frame focal length)
iso 200, f2.1, 1/400 sec.
 
This is another jpeg direct from the Lumix DMC-LX7. As you can see, you can achieve relatively shallow depth of field with this camera, despite the small sensor size. That's because it has a very large maximum aperture in the Leica Vario Summilux lens, f1.4 at the widest angle zoom setting (24mm full-frame equivalent). I believe f2.1 is the maximum aperture at the focal length I needed for this shot. I think the bokeh (out of focus rendering) is very nice with this lens.
 
This camera really does sometimes make me wonder why I need any other gear, especially for travel photography. If you know me, and the fact that I have a large and broad collection of cameras, this statement doesn't come lightly from me. The LX7 is just plain impressive.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment