Monday, April 7, 2014

Twin Lens Coffee Shop in Korea

Quick post today. My friends Charlie and Bill sent me this funny little piece of photographic fun.
Image Source: http://petapixel.com/2014/03/29/coffee-shop-south-korea-shaped-like-rolleiflex-camera/
 
Now there's a place I'd like to sit and have a cup of coffee. Apparently, they don't open until 11AM, so I'll have to remember that if I'm ever in South Korea and want to have breakfast in a twin lens reflex (TLR) camera-shaped coffee shop.
 
(Click Here) to read a little more about this on Petapixel.
 
I think it's interesting how certain forms stick with us and find application in unpredicted ways. I've seen restaurants made from boats and train cars, both iconic shapes that people have interest in. I suppose if you're going to make one from a camera, the TLR is the way to go. Basically a rectangular box, the TLR offers a very traditional interior layout. If it weren't for the two big porthole windows, you may forget that you're inside a camera.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment