Friday, March 27, 2015

Master of Darkness - My New Lens

 
I've just sprung for a new lens for my Nikon kit. It's the Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AIS manual focus from Nikon. They've been making it since 1981, and they still make it today.
 
I bought my very late production unit from my friend, Alain, for a great price. It's truly like new. It's also the fastest lens I own.
 
I'm hoping that it will be the perfect extreme low light lens for my Nikon Df. Given the Df's high iso capabilities, I should be able to do some incredible things with this combination.
 
I can already tell that it's tough to focus, though. The depth of field at f1.2 is just plain razor thin. But, that's the whole idea of a lens with an incredibly wide maximum aperture.
 
This lens will be going with me to Japan this spring. I can't wait to try it out in the Tokyo night time!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment