Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Trip to the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington, DC

I took my Nikon F2SB with me to the Hirshhorn Museum of Art in Washington, DC.
 
It was a cold, rainy afternoon.
 
Museums are Good for Rainy Days, by Reed A. George
Nikon F2SB, 50mm f1.4 AI Lens
Ilford HP5 Film
 
While photographing the displays or pieces of art in a museum is tantamount to stealing someone else's creativity, I always enjoy photographing people in the interesting environment created by a museum.
 
Separate Worlds, by Reed A. George
Nikon F2SB, 50mm f1.4 AI Lens
Ilford HP5 Film
 
I like how the left and right of the frame above could have come from completely different photographs.
 
The more I use the F2SB (which is a normal Nikon F2 SLR with the photomic finder that uses a very sensitive silicon sensor for light metering), the more I like it. Mine's in very nice user condition - not so nice that I'm afraid to take it out, but certainly well-preserved for its age. I enjoy shooting film with older manual Nikkor lenses, as well.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment