Monday, March 12, 2012

More Local Music - Jake and the Burtones

 
Jake and the Burtones, by Reed A. George, creativeobjective.com
Jake and the Burtones, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 14mm f2.5
iso3200, f2.5, 1/50 sec

Last Friday night, I went to see a local bluegrass band play at Market Street Coffee, in Purcellville, Virginia. The first thing I realized was that Market Street is the same shop that closed down a couple of years ago in Leesburg. When I say "the same," I mean "the same," right down to the paint color on the walls and every piece of decor. It literally could have been picked up as one piece in Leesburg and placed back down in Purcellville.

The next thing I noticed is that Market Street is a young person's hangout. They accepted the old man (me) in very courteous fashion, however.

The band, Jake and the Burtones, showed up at show time, moved a table out of the way, and voila! a stage! They played a very nice set of Grateful Dead tunes, including 1/2 Step Mississippi Uptown and Catfish Joe. Very nice welcome for an old Deadhead (me, again).

(Click Here) to see the band's facebook page.
 
After a few songs, bassist Jack Pugh had a seat, and two of the band's friends stepped in to cover bass and add fiddle.
 
Jake and the Burtones, by Reed A. George, creativeobjective.com
 
... and Friends, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 14mm f2.5
iso3200, f2.5, 1/50 sec

After several songs, the originals reformed and whipped up some mighty good music.

Here are a few more shots I like:


Jake and the Burtones, by Reed A. George, creativeobjective.com
Fiddle
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Pana-Leica 45mm f2.8 Macro-Elmarit
iso3200, f2.8, 1/40 sec


Jake and the Burtones, by Reed A. George, creativeobjective.com
A Few Laughs
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Pana-Leica Summilux 25mm f1.4
iso1600, f1.8, 1/50 sec


Jake and the Burtones, by Reed A. George, creativeobjective.com
Those Shoes
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Pana-Leica 45mm f2.8 Macro-Elmarit
iso3200, f2.8, 1/40 sec

This was a very relaxed setting. I got to introduce myself to the band, and hope to see more of their shows in the near future.

The G3 performed very well for me. I am now quite comfortable with iso3200, as long as I expose properly. The Summilux allowed me to shoot at iso1600 some, as well. No flash was used, or necessary.

DMC-365.blogspot.com
All of these images and more are available for purchase at creativeobjective.com.
(Click Here) for a link to this set.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. doing good with the 14mm huh? I like the shot with the Pana-Leica 25mm too! keep posting.

    ReplyDelete