Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ultra Wide Angle Lenses

 Image Source :  http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7168/6396263783_1b91e74ab0.jpg

As I have mentioned, I tend toward normal and telephoto focal length lenses.  The widest lens I have for my Lumix kit is the 14mm f2.5 (28mm full frame equivalent field of view).  Back in the day, a 28mm lens was considered wide, at least in my photographic circle.  Anything wider was probably a fisheye, which is a real novelty lens, in my opinion.

Today, there are many ultra wide options available.  For the Lumix Micro 4/3 system, the 7-14mm f4 is most popular.  

I found this post asking how people use these ultra wides very interesting:

(Click Here) to read the post on rangefinder forum.
source: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115563

Personally, I have a 12mm Voigtlander lens in Leica screwmount.  I almost never use it.  That is my own limitation;  I need to use it exclusively for a week or two, to see if I can make any interesting images with it.

DMC-365.blogspot.com

Support this blog.  Click here to purchase items from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment