Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Big News for Today? - dpreview Gets Their Hands On The New Panasonic Lumix 12-35mm f2.8 Fast Zoom!

Image Source: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/H-HS12035

This is a lens that Micro 4/3 users, especially Panasonic shooters, have been waiting for. I won't recount dpreview's impressions on a lens I have not yet seen. I will just point out two things that are important to me:

  1. The lens is NOT equipped with powerzoom. GREAT! In my mind, powerzoom is primarily for videographers. I want the tactile response of a manual zoom. In fact, it's one of the very few tactile controls left in still photography.
  2. The size is very nice for such a wide zoom. While it doesn't have the shallow depth of field of it's equivalent field of view 24-70 lenses in full frame 35mm format, it is tiny compared to those beasts. dpreview indicates that it's best balanced on a camera with a grip, like the DMC-G3. Again, GREAT!
(Click Here) to read the rest of their impressions on the lens over at dpreview.com. I hope it's ready for delivery soon.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog! Thanks for sharing nice information with us.

    Scott Robarge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet, Scott! Nice to have you aboard!

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete