Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Two of My Images Are Grand Prize Winners in the Piedmont Virginian Magazine Photo Contest!

 
I am very pleased to announce that two of my images recently won Grand Prize in the Piedmont Virginian magazine's annual contest! The best thing, for me, is that both came from projects that I am actively pursuing - one from the local Virginia music scene, the other from my civil war project.
(Click Here) to go to Piedmont Virginian's website.

Riverside Chat, by Reed A. George

Riverside Chat, by Reed A. George
Grand Prize Winner in "The Arts"
 
 
Captain Sharp, by Reed A. George

Captain Sharp, by Reed A. George
Grand Prize Winner in "Community"

I won two $100 gift certificates from McClanahan Camera, a great store in Warrenton, Virginia. I went and redeemed them for a bunch of great stuff - three straps, 50 sheets of Epson inkjet paper, and lots of film, both 120 and 135 format. The folks at McClanahan's are VERY nice. Thanks for the support of local photographers!
 
(Click Here) to go to McClanahan's Camera's site.
 
They also have an email newsletter with discounts and information. Sign up!
I am really pleased that my work has been recognized in this way!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

3 comments: