Friday, May 11, 2012

The DMW-GFC1 Fisheye Adapter for 14mm f2.5 Is Finally Available!

 
Image Source: www.amazon.com
I've been waiting since January for this thing to be available - the Lumix DMW-GFC1 Fisheye Adapter for the 14-42mm X lens (which I don't have) and the 14mm f2.5 prime (which I do).

(Click Here) to read my original post about the announcement for the new attachments from Panasonic back in January.

I was checking today, just to see if by chance it had come in, as I have approximately weekly since January. Adorama listed it as in stock, but by the time my order got there (a few seconds). So, I had to cancel and buy from J&R, through Amazon.

I'll post the link to Amazon's offering below. If you're interested, they apparently have a couple left.

I can't wait to give this a try! If the optics are reasonable, it will be a great little attachment to have in my bag, rather than an additional fisheye lens, which I would not carry around often enough.

UPDATE: Due to difficulties in stock at two suppliers, I decided to cancel my order. I guess I got caught up in the moment, seeing that it was in stock. Now that I think about it more, the drop from ~180 degree field of view in a dedicated fisheye lens to 120 degrees in the adapter approach is too much. If I decide that I really want to be in this fisheye business, I'll buy a lens, not a converter. The Rokinon seems like the right approach if I do anything - trading off the lack of electrical connection to the camera and lack of autofocus for a 50% reduction in price from the Lumix lens. Anyway, I'm not buying anything in this area at the moment.


DMC-365.blogspot.com


 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment