Sunday, May 6, 2012

Free! My First Installment of an ebook on How to Set Up Your DMC-G3!

Image Source: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMC-G3KK
 
Ok, folks, for those of you who are Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 users, I've embarked on a project to document how I set mine up, and share it with all of you.
 
There is a dizzying array of menus and settings on the G3. I worked through all of them, at least to some extent, and documented not only HOW I set them, but WHY. Now I don't expect you to agree with all of my settings, but at least you'll know what you're disagreeing with, if you decide on a different setting.
 
I have completed the first chapter, which I share here with you now.
 
(Click Here) to download the first installment of my G3 Settings Manual in Adobe pdf format.
 
The second chapter, much more extensive, outlining my settings for the Priority, Shutter, and Aperture Priority and Manual modes, is nearly finished. It will be distributed in the same way.
 
All I ask in return is that you buy your Amazon items by clicking through from my site. That really hasn't paid off yet; I think I'm up to about $15 revenue, total, ever. Of course, if you'd like to contribute directly to this blog, rather than buying things from Amazon (on which I make a very small percentage commission), you can always send me Paypal at rgeorge911@hotmail.com.
 
But, I'm really not in this for the money. It would be great to bring in enough to pay my annual flickr and smugmug bills...
 
I sure hope you find this manual useful. I actually learned some things in the process of writing it.
 
UPDATE 5/13/2012: Chapter Two is now available as well! (Click Here) to get it.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com