Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shanghai Rings in the Year of the Snake with a Blanket of Snow

 
She Battles the Snow in Her Unique Way, by Mimo Khair
 
Mimo Khair posted this really interesting shot and a little prose on the experience of being in Shanghai on the eve of the year of the snake.
 
(Click Here) to read the post on mimokhairphotography.com
 
I went out for the Chinese New Year parade here in Washington, DC. Due to poor planning, I was there early with my daughter and my friend James McKearney. We got to see a few lion dancers preparing for the parade, but we were chilled and ready to go long before the parade truly began. So, I don't have much to show. Here's a shot of a street vendor, selling miniature lion decorations, and, of course, rubber snakes.
 
Get Yer Rubber Snakes!, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, W-Nikkor C 3.5cm f2.5 LTM Lens
iso 400, f5.6, 1/125 sec
 
The W-Nikkor 3.5cm lens is my choice for my "Whole Lotta Leica" feature in February. I definitely need to get out more with it soon.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment